Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home...

"You can go through life and make new friends every year--every month practically--but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel."

-Alexander McCall Smith-


(Photos from my trip back to Canada for Christmas and New Years. I apologize for the general blurriness- I'm still sorting out how to use my new camera!)


Brenda, with the entirety of her army relegated to Iceland, carefully considers her next move.


Pictionary masters, reunited at last.


Judging by the expressions, this is the point in the game when Brenda was trying in vain to get her team to guess the words "Bugs Bunny."


Ramie waits eagerly for her beloved husband to mess up so she can use the buzzer.


Matt waits eagerly to return the favor to his lovely wife.


I set up the auto timer on my camera in order to capture us toasting the New Year when the clock struck midnight. Unfortunately, I didn't check the angle. Hence, we only have a picture of Clayton toasting in the New Year.


Attempt #2: Happy (fake) New Year!

Cracking out the vintage Super Nintendo for old times sake.


Me and a portion of the E family.



Catching up with friends from my mom's group (haha, true story).

1 comment:

Kmarie said...

Ha ha that one with just the guy toasting in the new year cracked me up! You are delightful. I love the re- take of all you guys- made me miss grade ten book group:) Lovely gals.
And there is a bit of our family. I love that you were a part of our mom's group. You fit in perfectly:)

I love the quote at the beginning...I may have to use that. I am honoured friend and it's true- I am attached to our bond with strings of steel.