Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flat Stanley, Vol. I...

Hi, Logan!

I took Flat Stanley with me today to university. He has been sitting on my desk since we got back and it seemed like he was getting bored of watching me do homework all day. So, today we went out.

We took one of these to school. I wanted to take a picture, but, um...Stanley was too shy.




After I was done at school Stanley and I went across the road to this place...

This is the British Museum! The British Museum has been on this spot since 1759, but this building was built in 1857. This is one of my favorite places to go, and since it is right across the street from my university I can go whenever I like!



When you go into the museum this is the first place you come to. It is called the Great Court. Look at the ceiling! It is always full of light and always very noisy!



The Museum is full of very, very old things, like this very, very old Egyptian statue! (Stanley always stands too close to the camera, that's why his face is blurry- sorry!)



This lion is from 860 BC! That is REALLY old!


This is one of my favorite rooms in the Museum.



And here's Stanley again!

Okay, that's all for now. Stanley and I bought you a postcard from the Museum so he will travel to Canada with it very soon!

Love, Auntie.

2 comments:

Kmarie said...

" I liked the moo-seum. I liked the big giant house that Stanley liked. The bus looks bigger than my toy bus. Thank you for writing me on your blog."- Love Logan

" That's cool that that Lion was made before Jesus came. So if my name is not on your blog am I not popular because everybody in London will see it? next time I will make one"- Juils (She is so funny! I laughed when she said that and explained she just wasn't here.)

" Happy Birthday. Hey that's my bus." Marcus

Keren Louise said...

Haha, Happy Birthday!