Sunday, July 25, 2010

Notes...

I've never been very good at keeping a diary in the one sense. I have kept a journal on and off throughout my life, but it usually takes YEARS for me to fill one. The entries are very sporadic and have little to do with keeping any sort of record of events. I usually write about things that I am thinking about, or something I learned, or about something I hope will happen. In the midst of all the extended passages about what I'm thinking or feeling there will be a little statement that says something like, "Oh, by the way, I graduated from college last month" or, "Oh, by the way, I spent the summer in Peru." See what I mean? For historical purposes, it's rather useless.

I'm afraid that my blog has gone much the same way, which is unfortunate for those of you who read this hoping to hear about what is actually happening here at the farm.

Allow me to try and do better.

1. I only have a few weeks left here in Mozambique. I haven't mentioned this because I wanted to surprise a few people when I went back to Canada. As it turns out though, it is one thing to surprise people when you are popping home for a visit and quite another to try and surprise people when you are coming home. I can just picture myself bursting into my home church a few weeks from now and saying hello to the wonderful people who support me financially who perhaps might be a bit confused as to why I'm not in Africa. So, the cat is out of the bag!

2. The health manual is done and printed and the health course makes its debut into the curriculum of our seminary tomorrow. We also wrote a (much shorter) book (a booklet, really) about how and why churches can promote health in their community. This booklet is the health manual's travelling companion. Who knows where all they will go?

3. On Friday the shepherds started a brush fire to clear some ground for our sheep to graze. Unfortunately, said brush fire reignited itself several times throughout the course of the evening. Mr. Boss beat it out.

4. Speaking of the sheep, they seem to have developed a distaste for their pasture and have taken to grazing around our homes and the office. Several times I have come out of the office only to find that I am surrounded by sheep frantically nibbling on the lawn.

5. Also on Friday, a helicopter landed on the farm. It was friends of Francois and Alta, just stopping in for coffee. This happens every now and then, but it's still exciting.

If you really want to read about what happens around here please allow me to direct you to Lynn's blog (you may know her as "Mrs. Boss"). She does a great job of recording all the happenings around here and she takes a lot of lovely pictures.

Okay, there we go. The regularly scheduled random postings will recommence shortly.




2 comments:

Kmarie said...

Yay when/ When? Wahoo!!! I am so excited! I will be gone some of august. Good news on a bad day- the puppy may go home with someone else today and I am heartbroken. Long story- probably for the best but my heart feels torn. Crazy. Anyway see you soon!!

Lynn said...

Nice post, but I like your blog either way :)