Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canada Day

On Canada Day there was a big shindig here in London at Trafalgar Square.


My friends Celia (Italian) and Meghan (Americano) kindly accompanied me to the celebrations.


(Here are Megs and Cel with their loves. It's a great shot, no? Okay, on to Canada Day...)


Here are Megs and Cel surrounded by friendly Canadians with the lovely National Gallery in the background (by the by, Trafalgar Square is probably my favourite place in London, hands down. It was the first place I took my brother when he visited and, while I won't name any names, I will say that one of us got a bit emotional. It's just that lovely).


Here is me proudly wearing my Vancouver 2010 Olympic t-shirt! I think covered wagons are alright. Especially when they sell curly fries.


I introduced the girls to poutine. Celia was unimpressed, Meghan professed to enjoy it, and I was very obviously in love. There was a Tim Horton's booth as well, but they sold out of coffee and donuts before I could get some. I was rather saddened, until I remembered that I'll be in Canada in two weeks. I'll stock up then.

1 comment:

Kmarie said...

Ah wish you were coming out east a bit. Oh well. This makes me miss you more than ever...seeing you in our country colours. We went to the neighbouring town parade- twas nice.
I miss your spirit. It is so original, unencumbered, and there isn't a complaining bone in your body. You are creative, unique, interesting and we are kindred spirits in some of our mentalities. I feel stifled here by women who seem to think home making is everything. While it is something I desperately need our empowering women's rights chats. In fact I am so desperate I wish I had money to hop a plane and meet you. ( I seriously would)
Ah Keren - how did we get our mentalities growing up here? How?
You look content.
Ah poutine:)