Friday, June 10, 2011

Reasons I have not blogged...

First, Gemma and I started slipcovering all of our living room furniture. We are still slipcovering our living room furniture. Well...actually, we're kind of on a hiatus. We both have degrees to finish!


My room became filled with a terrible odor which turned out to be mold or something growing on my damp, London window sill and I was busy lighting candles every evening to try and decrease the stench: success!



I bought a little, yellow ukulele and I play it an awful lot. Most often late at night. Thankfully my nearest house mate is also a bit of a night owl and doesn't mind my nocturnal jam sessions.


I spent the month of April in Uganda doing a research project for my graduate degree. It was a study examining how women are affected by inadequate sanitation in urban slums. April was an almost perfect month.


I've also been busy playing with my friends.


We did have a long weekend, during which I could have blogged, but I went canoeing/camping instead!



House mate Mary got engaged and former house mate Laura came back from Madagascar for a visit. Here are the ladies of 63 Manor Park Road up late making invitations!


Then two of our chickens got sick and required quite a bit of loving attention. Here is Annabel in the tub. I think she hated it.

3 comments:

Kmarie said...

Hilarious with the chicken. Good excuses all of them. Love the update though. Julianna says hi and she laughed at the chicken. Julianna also thought it would be hard to take care of a chicken, ( She is quoting what I am supposed to tell you.)
Love you lots.
Thanks for the update.

Jamie said...

That is a lot of good reasons for not blogging! Way to be living. :)

Gemma said...

I can't believe how long ago this was. I miss the Manor and you bathing our chickens, you weirdo. Ok... enough living in the past, its Monday tomorrow and I need sleep! G x