Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Games children play...

I thought you might like to see some pictures from the Vacation Bible School that was held at our mission school during the first two weeks of November. I am going to have to break it up into several posts, as I am afraid of losing everything if I try and add too many pictures to one post.

So, here is the first collection of photos. These pictures were all taken during game time, by the very talented Heather Neufeld. I am photographically impaired, so I am grateful for her skills and her willingness to share.


I just like this picture so much. It is just a shot taken during a relay race, but the look on my face says a lot to me. Sometimes I find it hard to express just how I feel about being here, about Africa, but this picture captures a bit of it. This is my place.


This is little Tito. He is one of the kids enrolled in the orphan program. Tito doesn't want to go to school yet, but we shall provide him with wise counsel as to the importance of higher education. Surely he will come 'round.



We played one game where the kids raced wearing these huge hats with a beanbag balanced on top. The little ones were so cute, especially, practically blinded by hat.


Sometimes the grown-ups had to participate, too. In this shot I am just trying to figure out how to avoid participating in the part of the relay where we we're supposed to drink a cup of juice from a communal bucket. Every feeling revolts! I faked it and then made sure I lost the race in order to satisfy my guilty conscience.




And this may be one of my favorite photos of all time.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Keren, I've just read all your blog entries on this page and I'm so glad you sent me the address. What a difference seeing pictures makes! Miss you so much. Keep blogging so we can hear your stories! :o)
Love you,
Ramie