Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What month is it, Mr. Wolf?

Today I bought a tiny, artificial Christmas tree at the grocery store. I am forcing myself not to set it up until December 1. I hear that you can also buy Christmas lights around here that are shaped like corn cobs. Wouldn't I have the snazziest tent around?

Here is a picture of my Christmas tree from last year. The ornaments were attached with dental floss and we had to nail it in place. Our house in Uganda was a little...grimy, and no amount of tape could make anything stick to the walls.



Hopefully all the Christmas decorations will help me remember that it is not July or August. I keep getting confused by the weather. It happens regularly and then I do embarrassing things like set off 4th of July sparklers or wax eloquent about how the leaves back in Canada will be starting to turn in a few weeks. Sometimes I have to carefully explain to people that I am book smart, not smart smart. There is an important difference.

No comments: