I keep laying awake at night
For hours
Thinking and praying about what to do next
I say, "God, where are You?"
He says, "Right inside you."
I say, "But how do I know that I'm listening to You in me and not to me in me?"
Thankfully God is patient with me when I ask these kinds of questions
More patient than I am in waiting for the answers
Usually around 1am I stumble upon a genius plan and fall asleep totally confident in my decision
But then I wake up
And my 1am plan looks rather shabby by the light of day
*Sigh*
Any thoughts?
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Keren
Someone gave me advice once when I was making a choice and my choices have been a little easier since.They said ,"Either way if you are doing something for the good of humanity God ordains it.Sometimes He does call us to specifics but often He blesses either choice we decide to make". (As long is it goes beyond selfishness....and even then he can use it-we just may not grow to our full potential and miss out on life to fullfillment here and now.)"As for which choice is better we have gifts and desires that help us decide which positives and negatives would balance out our lives.Every decision in this world has positives and negatives(even good decisions) for its the way the world just is ....but the trick is to find the place where we think we can do the most good and be the best we can be.
God sometimes says", make a decision and by all means do not worry for I am with you ...and remember.... whatever you do unto the least of these....And love your God and your neighbor..".If you do this but still are faced with a hard decision choose what is within your abilities and if it doesnt work out it can just be one more step in your journey instead of a blaming thing asking God-it didnt work -so why did you lead me here?
Anyway thats how I believe and I know some dont believe that way and its fine but I hope maybe it helped you a bit. Decisions are still hard for me but most of the time I know it will be ok either way-just different and what I do miss out on may be made up for in another way.
Then again you could be "called"to a specific place-it does happen. But not as often as we humans like to claim and blame(or give ourselves commisioning to do what we want to do and push the rest of the family too cuz its apparently Gods will-which can happen too) If you are called You will know if it happens.Other then that you probably have alot of good choices for you are a people server and you minister wherever you are I have full confidence wherever you choose to be you will serve humanity ,the Lord ,and yourself in love and growth:)
Phew!That was long!I love you-Sleep well dear friend and go with your gifts and enjoy!
Kissa
Post a Comment